AFC Leopards devour Sofapaka
Red-hot John Makwatta scored a first half brace as AFC Leopards beat Sofapaka 2-1 in yesterday’s Kenyan Premier League match, at Narok County Stadium.
The victory saw Leopards go level on points (14) with second placed KCB, one behind rivals and league leaders Gor Mahia.
It took only 15 minutes for Mwakatta to break the deadlock when he perfectly controlled the ball, turned his marker before unleashing the shot past a hapless Sofapaka goalkeeper Richard Aimo.
Makwatta completed his double and third goal since joining the den in the off-season, on the stroke of halftime as Leopards went to the lockers with a comfortable 2-0 lead.
Substitute Ronald Okoth pulled a goal back for Batoto Ba Mungu in the 81st minute but Cassa Mbungo’s boys held their nerves to extend their unbeaten run to six games.
In an earlier match at the same venue, fancied Wazito were held to a barren draw by Posta Rangers.
- Arsenal outlook changes in the space of nine minutesFootball 2 days ago
- Top swimmers in East Africa converge in Mombasa todaySwimming 1 day ago
- No one wants to face Liverpool in Champions League last 16 - RobertsonFootball 6 hours ago
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 9 hours ago
- Man United suffer James Maddison transfer blowFootball 1 day ago
- French basketball player fined in China for not looking at flag during anthem Basketball 2 days ago
- Jaffery’s Sports Club unveils a new state of the art football arenaFootball 2 hours ago