Runners ready for Stanchart marathon
It’s all systems go as Nairobi hosts the 17th edition of the Standard Chartered Marathon tomorrow starting at Nyayo Stadium.
Over 18,000 participants are expected to grace this year’s event which will have six categories -- 42km, 21km, 10km and 21km wheelchair race for both men and women respectively. The others are 5km Family Fun Run race and the CEOs race.
The winners of the full marathon will pocket increased prize money of Sh2 million, up from the previous Sh1.5 million while the half marathon champions will walk home with Sh300,000, up from Sh200,000, for both genders.
The 21km wheelchair race winners, on the other hand, will get Sh300,000, up from Sh200,000.
The races will have a new campaign dubbed ‘futuremakers’, a new community initiative aimed at opening opportunities for the next generation.
- Wilson Kipsang survives road accident [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago
- Chelsea boss Lampard to move for Zaha in JanuaryGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Top swimmers in East Africa converge in Mombasa todaySwimming 2 days ago
- Paul Pogba ruled out of AZ Alkmaar clashFootball 2 days ago
- Why Simeone can't afford another slip at AtleticoFootball 2 days ago
- Russian champ blasts own sports authorities over banAthletics 2 days ago
- Benitez not keen on Arsenal and Everton jobsPremier League 2 days ago