Champs GSU and Pipeline secure slots in KVF play-offs
Kenya Volleyball Federation (KVF) champions General Service Unit (GSU) ended the seventh leg of the National Volleyball League in Nandi County with two wins to top the list of play-offs qualifiers.
GSU beat Administration Police in straight sets of 25-16, 25-17, 25-18 yesterday to qualify for the national play-offs that will take place in Nairobi next month.
Other qualifiers for the play-offs to be played in Kasarani from November 22-24 include Prisons Kenya, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) and Kenya Ports Authority (KPA).
GSU also easily raided Equity Bank in straight sets for their second win.
In another match, KDF stamped its authority, handing Kenya Army a 3-0 (25-19, 25-19 and 25-23) beating in the qualifying match.
In the women’s category, Kenya Pipeline, Prisons Kenya, KCB and DCI secured slots in the play-offs.
Prisons Kenya women defeated DCI 3-2 in a five-settter of 25-15, 25-13, 21-25, 21-25 and 15-11.
The Prisons squad also beat KDF women 3-0 in another match to secure its place in the top four.
DCI collected vital points in the battle for the play-offs slot when they came from a set down to beat KDF 3-1.
- Manchester United ‘clear out’ looms large – Solskjaer to get rid of playersGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Mutai to light up South Rift cross country meeting in Sotik tomorrowAthletics 1 day ago
- Napoli vs Juventus betting prediction from 22BetFootball 14 hours ago
- Who will win 2019 Soya gala tonight?Sports 1 day ago
- Manchester United make Bruno Fernandes breakthroughGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Manchester United hilariously torn apart online after disastrous loss to BurnleyFootball 1 day ago
- Cherono to lead Boston Marathon line upAthletics 1 day ago