Tottenham Hotspur superstar Hugo Lloris suffers freak elbow break
Hugo Lloris has been taken to hospital via ambulance after suffering a horrific arm injury in Tottenham's game with Brighton.
Lloris landed awkwardly after dropping the ball in the path of Neal Maupay as Spurs fell 1-0 down after just two minutes.
The French goalkeeper saw his arm twist awkwardly as he instantly screamed in agony and was given oxygen on the pitch before being stretchered off after six minutes of treatment.
According to BT Sport's pitchside reporter Des Kelly, he was still screaming in agony as he was carried down the tunnel and given extra morphine to help him deal with the pain before being taken into an ambulance.
Lloris was replaced by Paulo Gazzinaga, who could only direct an Aaron Connolly effort back into the path of the Brighton striker as Spurs went 2-0 down after half an hour.
VIDEO: Disclaimer: Graphic images, viewer discretion advised
The loss of Lloris was another untimely blow for Mauricio Pochettino's side, who suffered a 7-2 humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich in midweek.
Speaking after the Bayern Munich defeat, Lloris said: "We need to find a solution to find the consistency that was our strength in the last few years.
"Since the start of the season we have never played at the same intensity for 90 minutes.
"As you see we're used to playing in a way that demands a lot of energy and focus, and at this level the opponent punishes you when you start to lose easy balls close to the box.
"Today we feel bad for the badge, we feel bad for the fans and now it is to show a reaction on Saturday. This game has become even more important for us."
- KVF gets Sh1m from KCB ahead of play-offsVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Netherlands forward Depay an injury doubt for key Euro matchFootball 2 days ago
- LEAKED: Chelsea players to part with Sh2.6 million if they miss trainingFootball 2 days ago
- Arsenal decide Unai Emery’s fateFootball 2 days ago
- Age is just a number! Footballers in happy relationships with way older girlfriends [PHOTOS]Football 2 days ago
- AFCON: How Salah has increased Kenya’s chances of beating Egypt Football 2 days ago
- Sacked, shunned and suicidal - the Cameroon sports stars battling anti-gay lawsFootball 2 days ago