Murkomen suffers injury after Ramos-Salah’esque tackle in county match [Photos]
If you are a football fan, it is next to impossible to forget this date – 26th May 2018.
On this day in 2018, Liverpool and Real Madrid squared off in the final of Europe’s elite club tournament, the UEFA Champions League.
While the headlines were centered on Real Madrid beating the Reds in and winning a 13th Champions League title, fans felt one turning point during the game that should have made headlines more was Sergio Ramos’ gruesome challenge on Mohamed Salah in the 30th minute, which led to the Egyptian’s substitution.
What a match it was. Forget about it. The same has happened in Kenya.
On Monday, September 16, Senate Majority Leader Kipchumba Murkomen suffered a shoulder injury during a football match between the Senate and the County Assembly of Kitui, at the Ithookwe showground in Kitui.
Here are some photos:
The match was stopped for close to 20 minutes as Murkomen received treatment on the ground.
He was later taken to Neema Hospital for further treatment.
He took to his social media to speak about his injury.
“Today in a football match between Senate&Kitui County Assembly I fell down and landed on my right shoulder tearing my tendons. I thank Dr.Matu, paramedics & Senate first aid team for attending to me. I have been referred to Nairobi for a small procedure. I will be back. I love this game,” Murkomen said on his Twitter handle.
The challenge resembled Ramos’ tackle on Salah in the Champions League final.
Bunge Team beat the County Assembly 3-2 in post-match penalties after a draw in normal time.
The Bunge team included Ken Lusaka senators Murkomen, Kitui’s Enoch Wambua, Kericho’s Aaron Cheruiyot, Kilifi's Stewart Mwazayo and Mohammed Faki from Mombasa.
- View the latest Premier League table after Arsenal beat Everton 3-2Football 2 days ago
- Fury versus Joshua 'will happen' says promoterBoxing 15 hours ago
- Coronavirus forces fan ban at Italian football gamesFootball 14 hours ago
- Athletics: It's race against time for Manangoi Athletics 1 hour ago
- Messi and Ronaldo could both end careers at the same clubFootball 1 day ago
- Golf: Late birdie gives Hirani victory at Nyali ClubGolf 2 days ago
- USIU, Northern Suburbs win to keep playoff hopes aliveRugby 1 day ago