Massive transfer update on Victor Wanyama leaving Tottenham
Harambee Stars skipper Victor Wanyama is on the verge of re-joining his former club Celtic FC after Belgian outfit Club Brugge reportedly pulled out of a deal to sign him.
According to English news outlet Daily Record, the Scottish Premiership Champions want to sign Wanyama on a season-loan deal from Spurs before the European transfer window slams shut.
Spurs are open to considering loan offers for the midfielder if no permanent move can be agreed.
Reports suggest Celtic would opt to cover half of Wanyama’s current Tottenham salary and would rely on Spurs to pay some of his wages.
Club Brugge had agreed a £13 million deal for the Kenyan international, which would have made him the highest-paid player in the club's history on £65,000 per week (Sh8.2millon).
Daily Mail also reported that Valencia, Bologna and Monaco are some of big clubs interested in signing the 28-year-old.
Wanyama’s Celtic transfer update comes a week after former team-mate Fraser Forster revealed Wanyama told him to keep his number 67 warm, hinting at a possible Celtic return.
Forster, who left Celtic for Southampton in 2014, a year after Wanyama made the same move, claimed number 67 for Celtic, a squad number that was previously worn by Wanyama after he rejoined the club.
The Kenyan international started his professional career with Belgian Side Germinal Beerschot AC in 2009, staying at the club for two years before moving on to Celtic for two years.
He then made his move to Southampton on 11 July 2013 for £11.5m.
He moved to London from Southampton in the summer of 2016 but has since slipped down the pecking order and has yet to feature this season.
His career since he joined Spurs has been marred by bursts of nagging injuries, which have kept the him out of action during crucial parts of the season.
- Guardiola’s agent rules out Bayern returnFootball 2 days ago
- Luis Enrique reappointed coach by SpainFootball 2 days ago
- Three-man shortlist to replace Mauricio PochettinoPremier League 2 days ago
- “I feel back at my best”- RashfordFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus to raise Paul Pogba transfer talks with Man UtdGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Coutinho stars in Brazil 3-0 win over South KoreaFootball 2 days ago
- Starlets demolish Djibouti 12-0 to enter semifinalsFootball 2 days ago