Governor Chepkwony stars in KICOSCA darts tie
Kericho Governor Paul Chekwony put up a face-saving performance yesterday in darts edging out Nzuki Nzabo of Mombasa 3-2 on a day the host county posted mixed results during the Kenya Inter-Counties Sports and Cultural Association (KICOSCA).
Chepkwony’s fight-back came moments after Mombasa County had whipped Kericho 2-0 at Kericho Green Stadium on goals from Mbarak Mundu and Hussein Mohammed - both goals coming in the second half.
It was left to Governor Chepkwony to even things out, which he obliged with clinical efficiency in the fifth set decider.
Both players exchanged wins in the first four rounds forcing the winner to be decided in the fifth round, which Governor Chekwony easily claimed with a double 8 shot to win.
At Kericho Teachers Training College, Nakuru kept their winning streak in their second football match when they humbled Bomet 6-0 in a one-sided tie.
Ken Ochieng and Tony Ng’ang’a each scored a brace for a 4-0 half time score in a match Nakuru custodian Moses Gathenya had it easy.
Nakuru defenders included right full-back Geoffrey Baraza, left fullback Joseph Wanjohi, stopper Edwin Odhiambo and sweeper Samuel Echo.
Nakuru’s victory followed their earlier 3-1 win over Murang’a in their opening match over the weekend.
As a result, Nakuru top Pool C table with maximum six points from two matches.
In Pool B, Nairobi and Kajiado settled for a barren draw. The games enter the third day this morning.
- Copa Coca Cola: Kenya face Tanzania in semisFootball 1 day ago
- 'Your eyes burn' - Golfer in mask as smoke shrouds Australian OpenGolf 7 hours ago
- Shujaa seek to charge past South Africa in Dubai Sevens Rugby 16 hours ago
- 12-man shortlist to become new Arsenal managerPremier League 2 days ago
- Solskjaer 'plotting drastic tactical switch' for Tottenham clashFootball 1 day ago
- Anti-doping body calls for severe penalties on cheatsAthletics 1 day ago
- SOYA: Budding golfer Wanjiru is now ready to dine with kingsGolf 2 days ago