Cristiano Ronaldo explains the key differences that makes him better than Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo insists the main difference between himself and Lionel Messi is the number of teams he's played for and the Champions League winners' medals he's won at different clubs.
The debate over which of Ronaldo and Messi is the better has raged over recent years and Ronaldo has chimed in to promote himself.
While Messi has spent his entire professional career at Barcelona, Ronaldo has spent time at Sporting Lisbon, Manchester United, Real Madrid and currently Juventus.
Portuguese superstar Ronaldo has lifted the premium European competition at United, in 2008, and Real, where he lifted the trophy four times.
“The difference with Messi is that I played for several clubs and won the Champions League with different clubs,” said Ronaldo in his DAZN documentary ‘The Making Of’.
“I was the top scorer in the Champions League six seasons in a row. There aren’t many players who won five Champions League trophies, so this is why I feel that I can identify myself with this tournament.
“Messi is an excellent player who will be remembered not just for his Ballon d’Or wins, but also for having improved – like me – year after year.
“I wake up every morning with the idea in my head of training with the objective of achieving something more, not just to earn money.
“Thank God, I don’t lack money, so what I want to earn is a place in the history of football.”
Meanwhile, Patrice Evra has revealed what would happen when he used to go to the house of former Red Devils teammate Ronaldo.
In a response to a Twitter post celebrating 16 years since Ronaldo arrived at United in 2003, Evra hailed the 34-year-old Portuguese superstar as a "machine".
He wrote on social media: "He is a machine!! Just don’t go to his house for lunch it’s like another training session!"
- Boxer Patrick Day dies after being knocked outBoxing 2 days ago
- Italian football giant AS Roma launches Swahili Twitter account Football 2 days ago
- Third straight Golden Shoe for MessiFootball 2 days ago
- Sadio Mane: This is why I quarreled with Salah during Liverpool’s win over Burnley in August Football 2 days ago
- Arsenal Star impressed by Rwandan Kids Football 2 days ago
- Ex-Juventus boss opens up about reports he’s the first-choice to replace Ole Gunnar should he be sackedFootball 2 days ago
- When lines, pacesetters make all the difference in golfGolf 2 days ago