Nakuru off to winning start in KICOSCA games
Nakuru secured a 3-1 win over Murang’a in football as the Kenya Inter-Counties Sports and Cultural Association (KICOSCA) games began yesterday at Kericho Teachers Training College.
It was a win that elated Nakuru head coach Didimus Munialo, who promised not to relent and help his side clinch a ticket to the East African Games in Kampala, Uganda later this year.
“We came here with a purpose of winning the title. The first victory has really motivated us and we are determined to win our next match to qualify for the knockout stages,” he told said.
Kevin Odhiambo drew the first blood for Nakuru in the 23rd minute and was on the mark again 10 minutes later to take a 2-0 lead at the break.
In Pool C, Nairobi and Kajiado drew 0-0.
Meanwhile, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) scored in the final minute to beat Kenya Ports Authority 42-41 in women’s basketball in the Kenya Communications Sports Organisation (KECOSO) championships, at Kisii School.
KPA led 8-4 in the first quarter but KCAA took charge of the second quarter and led 16-10, before extending their lead in the third quarter.
KCAA coach Carole Ouma blamed her players for slowing down in the last quarter.
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 2 days ago
- Impala seeking redemption against Oilers in crucial tieRugby 2 days ago
- Fireworks as regional teams fight for places in qualifiersBasketball 2 days ago
- AK: Dopers have nowhere to hideAthletics 2 days ago
- Kariobangi Sharks to meet Naivas as Confed Cup startsFootball 2 days ago
- Bigwigs clash in KisumuSports 2 days ago
- USIU host Mean Machine in battle for play offsRugby 2 days ago