Ole Gunnar reveals where Pogba will be playing next season
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insisted on Saturday he has "no doubts at all" that Paul Pogba is committed to Manchester United.
French World Cup winner Pogba was missing from the United squad for the pre-season penalty shootout win over AC Milan in Cardiff.
However, United coach Solskjaer insisted the star's absence was due to a "back spasm".
When asked if Pogba was set on staying at United, the Norwegian said: "I've no doubts at all.
"I wasn't expecting him (on the plane to Cardiff). I spoke to him after training and he didn't feel right.
"Paul will probably be back early next week training. It's not an injury, he just felt some pain. We didn't want to risk anything this weekend and he should be OK for Chelsea next week."
Pogba ignited fierce speculation over his future in June when he said "it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else".
Meanwhile, the United boss said the £80 million deal to bring England defender Harry Maguire from Leicester was close to a conclusion.
"Hopefully the last little details will be in place, so we can announce something very soon," Solskjaer said.
- Johanna Omolo Foundation donates food to Dandora residents amid looming Coronavirus curfew in KenyaFootball 2 days ago
- Coronavirus: Israel-based Chemos fears for his lifeVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Athletes qualified for Tokyo 2020 to keep spots in 2021Football 2 days ago
- Doping: Coronavirus will not be opportunity for drug cheats says WADA chiefAthletics 2 days ago
- Return of Premier League football: English leagues say facing difficult decisions over virus impactFootball 2 days ago
- Listen to former FKF boss Hatimy, Twaha tells MwendwaFootball 1 day ago
- Former international players urge for respect on FIFA's stand on FKF ElectionsFootball 1 day ago