Revealed: Changes Emery plans to make if Man United sign Aubameyang
Arsenal would simply sign a better player if Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang completes a transfer to Manchester United this month.
That's the opinion of Jens Lehmann, who doesn't believe the Gunners should fear losing the Golden Boot winner in this summer's transfer window.
Aubameyang was linked with a shock move to Old Trafford earlier in the window, but speculation has since cooled.
Lehmann told DAZN: "If you finish fifth [in the league] you can sell players.
"If he [Aubameyang] was to go to United, a new player would come in who could do better. Arsenal's goal shouldn't be to finish fifth or sixth."
Lehmann won the Premier League and FA Cup during his time at Arsenal, but the club has since fallen out of the Champions League places.
On the club itself, the German added: "All of the guys playing for Arsenal are good but they need to win something.
"They were in the Europa League final last season and lost. Obviously it would have been good if they had won it.
"Their finish in the league season was disappointing as well. Even though they had the chance to secure fourth place, or even third place, they didn't.
"The club is in a situation right now where no one knows the direction that it is supposed to be going in."
- Man in connection with racial gestures and chants during Manchester derby in TROUBLEFootball 2 days ago
- Beaten Andy Ruiz Jr wants Joshua rematchBoxing 2 days ago
- Pep Guardiola speaks after suffering a 2-1 derby defeat at home to Man UtdFootball 2 days ago
- MMUST RFC lands new shirt sponsorship Rugby 2 days ago
- Tiger Woods' niece finishes fourth as Henseleit of Germany wins the Magical Kenya Ladies Open Golf 2 days ago
- Leicester break club record with 4-1 win at VillaFootball 2 days ago
- Cecafa Senior Challenge: Harambee Stars beat TanzaniaFootball 2 days ago