‘No Koscielny no problem’ three massive deals with new link to star defender
A new name was linked with Arsenal on Friday, as 90min claimed that the Gunners are chasing a £10million deal for the 6ft 6ins Senegalese international defender Pape Abou Cisse.
The 23-year-old is currently at Olympiakos and was part of the Senegal squad that reached the Africa Cup of Nations final.
It is claimed that the Gunners' scouting department see Cisse as "an immediate starter" for Unai Emery's first-team, as the Gunners plot a defensive overhaul this summer.
Cisse has spent the last two seasons at Olympiakos, who he joined from French side Ajaccio in 2017.
Saliba deal edges closer
The long-awaited William Saliba deal is said to be edging closer, with The Guardian reporting that Arsenal have beaten Tottenham to the 18-year-old centre-back.
Saliba - who is regarded as one of the top young defensive prospects in France - will cost the Gunners around £27million, and will be loaned back to the Ligue 1 side for the forthcoming season.
He is set to sign a five-year contract imminently, handing Unai Emery a major transfer boost.
Gremio 'still waiting' on Everton bid
The appointment of Edu as technical director has seen Arsenal move ahead of AC Milan in the race for Gremio forward Everton, according to UOL, but the Brazilian club are seemingly still waiting on an official bid.
The 23-year-old was the top scorer at this summer's Copa America, which Brazil won on home soil.
Everton scored in the victories over Bolivia and Peru on the way to the final, in which he found the net again as the Peruvians were beaten 3-1.
The forward has played for Gremio since 2014 but seems certain to make the move to Europe this summer after his heroics at the tournament.
- Gundogan reveals why Man City is falling behind Liverpool in title racePremier League 2 days ago
- Arsenal to hold talks with Carlo AncelottiPremier League 2 days ago
- Australian Barty named WTA Player of the YearTennis 2 days ago
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 2 days ago
- Zico dedicates Harambee Stars win to suspended KimanziFootball 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers promise to deliver Olympics slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Gritty Thunder strike Ulinzi WarriorsBasketball 2 days ago