Mukindia: Firearms Board fully supports shooting as a sport
The Firearms Licensing Board supports the growth of shooting as a sport and will help develop policies to make it organised, the board’s chair, Charles Mukindia, has said.
Speaking to Standard Sports yesterday, Mukindia said the Board will support shooting sportsmen and women by giving them the necessary travel documents. “So far we are very happy with the activities of the shooting association and we are ready to do more for them including developing policies to regulate the sport,” Mukindia said.
The International Defence Pistol (IDPA) shooting is one the fastest growing forms of the sport in Kenya, regulated by the National Gun Owners Association.
“As a Board, we would like to give Kenyans a leeway to choose the kind of sport they want to engage in,” he said.
Mukindia received the Kenyan flag and trophy from IDPA Expert shooter and instructor Sammy Onyango after winning gold at the MagTech Cup in Hungary last month.
- Africa deaf athletes’ championships startAthletics 2 days ago
- FKF Elections: Nyamweya, ex-Vihiga Governor Akaranga join frayFootball 13 hours ago
- Lionel Messi returns to full Barcelona trainingFootball 2 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 2 days ago
- From now on, here’s how to pronounce top footballers’ names – UEFAFootball 1 day ago
- Kenya confident as inaugural Africa fiesta kicks offAthletics 2 days ago
- Arsenal fans, will you accept this defender's heartfelt apology? Football 2 days ago