Another blow for Wanyama at Tottenham ahead of new season
Many wondered whether the arrival of Spurs’ newest signing Tanguy Ndombele meant he would be Harambee Stars Captain Victor Wanyama’s replacement.
But now, Tottenham may yet have another midfield target in mind if Wanyama exists the club.
With two midfielders, Tanguy Ndombele and Jack Clarke, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino could continue his midfield revamp with the signing of Leeds United's Midfielder Kalvin Phillips.
And according to HTC, Mauricio Pochettino would replace Victor Wanyama with Leeds’ Phillips if he leaves Tottenham this summer.
It is believed the club are looking for a fee of around £30m for Phillips’ signature and have opened negotiations over a new contract in a bid to keep him.
Wanyama reunited with his former Southampton manager Pochettino at White Hart Lane in 2016 after £11million move.
Wanyama is one of the players who had a nightmare campaign last season and reports in the UK have been pointing towards him leaving the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
England's Midfielder Eric Dier and Kenya's Victor Wanyama are the two players that could be sold.
This is because the two players drifted in and out of the side last season and they both suffered several injuries throughout the season.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 1 day ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 1 day ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 1 day ago