5 things we noticed as Daniel James and Romelu Lukaku train with Man Utd
The holiday season is winding down where footballers are concerned and pre-season is within touching distance.
And as such the Manchester United players were in training on Friday ahead of flying abroad to play friendlies in Australia, China, Singapore and Wales.
New signing Daniel James was among the players on the training ground, as was Romelu Lukaku, who has been strongly linked with a transfer away.
Here are five things we noticed from the session.
1. A first look at the new boy
James has only recently joined Manchester United from Swansea City.
The Red Devils paid out £18million to land the speedster who got to grips with the training ground and met his new team-mates.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to use the winger sparingly in his first season at Old Trafford.
But the Welshman certainly looked determined to impress on Friday.
2. Is the striker here to stay?
Lukaku has been strongly linked with a move to Inter Milan in recent weeks.
Manchester United aren't overly keen on selling the Belgian but are prepared to should an £80million offer come in for him.
Inter don't have that kind of money to spend, meaning Lukaku may just get priced out of a transfer to Italy.
Lukaku was in training on Friday, showing no signs that his head has been turned.
3. There's a reason for his smiles
Andreas Pereira put pen to paper on a new deal with United this Friday, so his smiles on the training ground were understandable.
Pereira has signed a new deal until June 2023 with the option of another season.
He said: "I have spent so long in Manchester that I now regard the city and the club as my home and I'm extremely happy to continue my career here.
"The manager has shown great faith in me and I can't wait to get this campaign started under him."
4. The other right-back's determined
Manchester United recently splashed some serious cash to land Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
But there is another right-back at the club, Diogo Dalot, and he's prepared to fight for his place in the first team this season.
Dalot recently posted the following message to social media: "Nothing but hard work, waiting for the new season to kick off."
And on Friday he looked determined to catch Solskjaer's eye.
5. What's the target this year, Ole?
Manchester United failed to qualify for the Champions League last season.
And Solskjaer is under pressure to improve United's standing on a global stage this campaign.
The Norwegian took charge of Friday's training session alongside his coaching team.
And it seems the Red Devils boss had a message for the players in regards to where he wants to see United finish this season.
- ‘Mtoto mkubwa’ – Mourinho was warned about signing LukakuFootball 2 days ago
- Kings end Celtics 10 game win runBasketball 2 days ago
- Man City’s Aguero could have been a Chelsea player…but…Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Delight for Man United fans after Everton ‘rejects’ top striker Premier League 2 days ago
- Nadal ends year as number one for fifth timeTennis 2 days ago
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 qualifiers: Harambee Stars held to a draw by the Sparrow Hawks of Togo Football 2 days ago