Revealed: What Lampard demanded from Chelsea in contract talks
Frank Lampard reportedly finalized contract talks with his former employers Chelsea late Wednesday for his return as manager after a 13-year decorated stint as a player.
It is reported that talks between Chelsea and Lampard’s representatives lasted for six hours at Stamford Bridge after he was spotted entering the premises.
According to Sky Sports, the Blues are expected to announce the appointment of their former star midfielder on Thursday with fans eager to see what he has in mind for their club.
Derby County reportedly permitted Chelsea to speak to their main managerial target last week after identifying a list of targets to replace him at Pride Park Stadium.
Lampard, 41, is believed to have held a firm stance in the talks, seeking assurances from the club hierarchy about their expectations and their plans after the current FIFA transfer ban ends.
Chelsea were slapped with a two-window transfer ban and a fine by FIFA, meaning they will now have to make alternative plans when it comes to their immediate recruitment approach.
It is also reported that both sides in the discussion wanted a favourable relationship that would see the club move forward without hitches.
Lampard enjoyed fruitful 13 years at Stamford Bridge where he won 11 major trophies, most notably a Champions League trophy and three Premier League titles.?
Athletics 6 hours ago
Football 7 hours ago
Football 8 hours ago
Boxing 2 days ago
Football 2 days ago
MORE POPULAR HEADLINES
- Man in connection with racial gestures and chants during Manchester derby in TROUBLEFootball 2 days ago
- Beaten Andy Ruiz Jr wants Joshua rematchBoxing 2 days ago
- Pep Guardiola speaks after suffering a 2-1 derby defeat at home to Man UtdFootball 2 days ago
- MMUST RFC lands new shirt sponsorship Rugby 2 days ago
- Tiger Woods' niece finishes fourth as Henseleit of Germany wins the Magical Kenya Ladies Open Golf 2 days ago
- Leicester break club record with 4-1 win at VillaFootball 2 days ago
- Cecafa Senior Challenge: Harambee Stars beat TanzaniaFootball 2 days ago