Premier League star 'set for Man Utd medical' as Red Devils close on £55m transfer
Manchester United are reportedly closing in on the £55million transfer of Crystal Palace defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
The Red Devils have already seen a £50m bid rejected by the Eagles for the England Under-21 international.
However, they are confident of getting an improved deal over the line and have pencilled in a medical later this week, according to The Sun.
Wan-Bissaka is flying home from the Euro Under-21 Championship after the Young Lions were dumped out having failed to win any of their three group games.
He is scheduled to complete his switch to Old Trafford, then head off on holiday before linking up with his new club for pre-season training.
Meanwhile, Leicester's wantaway star Harry Maguire isn't interested in joining Manchester United.
United and their neighbours Manchester City are battling it out so sign the defender and it was believed that the latter had agreed a world-record £80million move.
However, according to The Sun, City's discussions have hit a stumbling block while United are willing to fork out the whopping fee, which is expected to top the £75m Liverpool paid for Virgil van Dijk.
But Maguire, who signed a new five-year deal with Leicester last September when United failed to prise from him Leicester, isn't interested in a move to Old Trafford.
- Messi fears football will never be the same again after pandemicFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari coach Odhiambo not under pressure to sign new playersFootball 8 hours ago
- Gor Mahia players donate foodstuff to Rehabilitation CentreFootball 1 day ago
- Kahata explains the difficulties he faced while trying to return to Tanzania for the league resumptionFootball 1 day ago
- Chelsea being linked with a shock move to sign Gunners striker Aubameyang from ArsenalFootball 12 hours ago
- Ronaldo names Messi as favourite player to watchFootball 1 day ago
- FKF polls: Football players want a quick resolution to poll crisis and credible exerciseFootball 8 hours ago