Shocking: World’s most iconic 80,018-seater stadium to be demolished
History is set to be made as one of the world’s most iconic Stadiums faces demolition.
The San Siro, as popularly known is home to Serie A giants AC Milan and Inter Milan.
The two Italian giants have shared the ground since 1947.
According to Sky Sports, the 80,018-seater iconic home will be replaced by a new state of the art stadium that is coming up just next to it.
The Serie A outfits will continue to use the stadium until their new home is fully built.
The presidents of the two clubs confirmed the shocking news on Monday.
"Everything is proceeding.
"We will make a new San Siro together, next to the old one in the same area of land. The old man will be knocked down and in its place, there will be new buildings built.
"It's an extremely complicated process, it would be beautiful to have the Olympics' opening ceremony in the new San Siro, but we are not certain." Said AC Milan President Paolo Scaroni.
The stadium now belongs to Milan’s local council after AC Milan, the original owners sold it in 1935. The two clubs are now joint tenants and will move once their new home is completed.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 2 months ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago