Shocking: World’s most iconic 80,018-seater stadium to be demolished
History is set to be made as one of the world’s most iconic Stadiums faces demolition.
The San Siro, as popularly known is home to Serie A giants AC Milan and Inter Milan.
The two Italian giants have shared the ground since 1947.
According to Sky Sports, the 80,018-seater iconic home will be replaced by a new state of the art stadium that is coming up just next to it.
The Serie A outfits will continue to use the stadium until their new home is fully built.
The presidents of the two clubs confirmed the shocking news on Monday.
"Everything is proceeding.
"We will make a new San Siro together, next to the old one in the same area of land. The old man will be knocked down and in its place, there will be new buildings built.
"It's an extremely complicated process, it would be beautiful to have the Olympics' opening ceremony in the new San Siro, but we are not certain." Said AC Milan President Paolo Scaroni.
The stadium now belongs to Milan’s local council after AC Milan, the original owners sold it in 1935. The two clubs are now joint tenants and will move once their new home is completed.
- Report: Man City winger Leroy Sane sacks his agentFootball 1 day ago
- Sala's family still waiting for answers one year after striker's deathSports 1 day ago
- Man City facing fresh calls for Champions League ban Football 1 day ago
- Man United's Rashford facing lengthy lay off with back injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Schools: Agoro Sare and Tigoi Girls defend Biro Lich High School basketball titlesBasketball 2 days ago
- Kenyans can already see themselves in 2022 World Cup after ‘fair’ drawFootball 7 hours ago
- All you need to know about Kaizer Chief's new Kenyan boy Akumu [PHOTOS]Football 1 day ago