'SHE’S A MAN': Shock in Eldoret after ‘female’ athlete is exposed [Photos]
There was drama in an Eldoret court on Tuesday, June 18 after a ‘female’ athlete was exposed as a man.
Hillary Kiprotich, who identified himself as one Shieys Chepkosgei was arraigned in court for impersonating a female nurse at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital on June 14.
According to Victor Omondi, the investigating officer, Chepkosgei was dressed in nurses’ uniform and was working at the Emergency Section as Pamela Mulupi before other nurses grew suspicious and alerted the police after failing to find such a name on the interns register.
He was remanded at the Eldoret GK Women Prison.
‘Chepkosgei’ confirmed to the court that he is indeed a man – who associates more with the female gender, even though his passport, National ID and birth certificate identified him as female.
He, according to the investigation officer, has participated in international marathons, winning three medals.
“I was identified as a male, but when I became an athlete, I registered myself as female,” he told the court.
The court magistrate ruled he ‘Chepkosgei’ be remanded for 10 days while investigations on his gender take place.
He is yet to plead to any charges with the case set to be mentioned in June 27.
- Shock as Tottenham Hotspur star collapses while on holidayFootball 1 week ago
- ‘Equal Pay!’ – American fans demand progress in women’s footballFootball 1 week ago
- Manchester United finally win trophy this seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Mercy Wanjiru stars at KDF showpieceAthletics 1 week ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 week ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 week ago