Kisumu Day upbeat ahead of Lake games
Kisumu County secondary schools boys’ football champions Kisumu Day are determined bounce back to their top form when they host over 20 schools today as the 2019 Lake Region school Term Two ball games begin.
The county champions defeated Awasi 1-0 earlier this month to retain the title and team coach Booker Agutu said their focus is to qualify for the nationals in July.
“Our aim is to play in the 2019 national school games. So far, we are in the right direction as we continue building a stronger squad. We are well prepared for the games and it will be great if as hosts, we can also play in the nationals,” Agutu said.
Agutu, however, warned his team to be wary of Siaya County football giants Barding High School, who are making a comeback to the regional arena after missing in last year’s edition.
Kisumu Day will face the former East Africa secondary schools champions Barding, Tom Mboya and Nyamira in pool B.
Newbies Awasi will clash with Simbi, Gesero and Koderobara in pool A.
Nyakach Girls, who dominated the Kisumu County school games, will feature in three categories; football, volleyball and netball.
In football, Nyakach will face Siaya County’s Hawinga Girls, St.Mathews Mulumba and Ototo in pool B as Kobala, Gesero, Bondo Kosiemo and St Ignatius Magadi are in pool A.
- Barcelona predict billion euro income this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Wambui and Kageha out of Kenya team to world meetAthletics 1 day ago
- Barcelona starlet Fati granted Spanish citizenshipFootball 1 day ago
- Volleyball: Bitok says his team did not play well against ArgentinaVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- FKF announces dates for electionsFootball 2 days ago
- Senate Speaker Lusaka to flag off Kitui Avena Half MarathonAthletics 2 days ago
- Slum Boys ready to disarm Ulinzi in MachakosFootball 1 day ago