Heartwarming: Manchester United star Paul Pogba shares rare throwback photo of himself and late dad
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba on Sunday shared a throwback photo with his late dad as he celebrated father’s day.
Pogba’s father passed away in 2017 after a long battle with illness.
According to Daily Mail, the midfielder saw this past father’s day as an opportunity to pay tribute to his fallen hero and father, captioning the photo: ‘RIP Papa’.
He also posted a photo of himself wearing a t-shirt bearing the phrase ‘Best dad in the seven kingdoms’ which refers to the TV series GAME OF THRONES.
Beside him was a stroller containing his son who was born in January this year.
Despite his son being too young, the French World cup winner can already see similarities between himself and his baby, hitting his fans with a phrase: ‘Like father like son’.
He recently left Manchester United faithful sweating after he made it clear of his intention to seek a new challenge elsewhere.
'After this season and everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well... I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else.
'I am thinking of this: to have a new challenge somewhere else," Said Pogba.
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 week ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 week ago
- Barcelona legend Xavi announces retirement Football 2 months ago
- What you didn’t know about the London Marathon, Kenya bloomingAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 week ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 week ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 week ago