Heartwarming: Manchester United star Paul Pogba shares rare throwback photo of himself and late dad
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba on Sunday shared a throwback photo with his late dad as he celebrated father’s day.
Pogba’s father passed away in 2017 after a long battle with illness.
According to Daily Mail, the midfielder saw this past father’s day as an opportunity to pay tribute to his fallen hero and father, captioning the photo: ‘RIP Papa’.
He also posted a photo of himself wearing a t-shirt bearing the phrase ‘Best dad in the seven kingdoms’ which refers to the TV series GAME OF THRONES.
Beside him was a stroller containing his son who was born in January this year.
Despite his son being too young, the French World cup winner can already see similarities between himself and his baby, hitting his fans with a phrase: ‘Like father like son’.
He recently left Manchester United faithful sweating after he made it clear of his intention to seek a new challenge elsewhere.
'After this season and everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well... I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else.
'I am thinking of this: to have a new challenge somewhere else," Said Pogba.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 2 days ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 2 days ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 2 days ago