Arrival of Ndombele could spark the departure of Wanyama and Dier
Tottenham are leading the race to sign combative midfielder Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon as they look to strengthen their midfield ahead of next season,
According to The Sun, the arrival of the 22- year old could mean the end of two Tottenham midfielders.
England's Eric Dier and Kenya's Victor Wanyama are the two players that could be sold.
This is because Wanyama has struggled with several injuries throughout the season while Dier also had his issues with an appendix surgery.
Ndombele, dubbed the next N'golo Kante, has impressed this season with his performances in Ligue 1 and the Champions League, making 49 appearances in all competitions, scoring three goals and contributing eight assists.
Liverpool and Manchester United are also understood to be interested in the talented midfielder, with Spurs reportedly leading the way for his signature, according to The Sun.
The report claims that Lyon are understood to want around £70million, however, Spurs believe they can sign the Frenchman for around £50m.
- Champions League pitch invader reveals why move was 'smartest of her career'Football 1 week ago
- Real Madrid agree Sh11 Billion fee for Chelsea's HazardGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Footballer collapses, dies on pitch – day after speaking about his conditionFootball 1 month ago
- Red flags raised over Southampton's 'record' Chinese shirt sponsorFootball 1 month ago
- Floyd Mayweather relaxes in Hong Kong as Pacquiao inks new deal [photos]Boxing 2 months ago
- Five football players who stood up to racial abuseFootball 2 months ago
- Champions League final: Why referee didn't check VAR for penaltyFootball 2 weeks ago