Arrival of Ndombele could spark the departure of Wanyama and Dier
Tottenham are leading the race to sign combative midfielder Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon as they look to strengthen their midfield ahead of next season,
According to The Sun, the arrival of the 22- year old could mean the end of two Tottenham midfielders.
England's Eric Dier and Kenya's Victor Wanyama are the two players that could be sold.
This is because Wanyama has struggled with several injuries throughout the season while Dier also had his issues with an appendix surgery.
Ndombele, dubbed the next N'golo Kante, has impressed this season with his performances in Ligue 1 and the Champions League, making 49 appearances in all competitions, scoring three goals and contributing eight assists.
Liverpool and Manchester United are also understood to be interested in the talented midfielder, with Spurs reportedly leading the way for his signature, according to The Sun.
The report claims that Lyon are understood to want around £70million, however, Spurs believe they can sign the Frenchman for around £50m.
- Lionel Messi’s Barcelona release clause has now expiredFootball 1 day ago
- Covid-19 deals a heavy blow to juggler MurimiSports -1 years ago
- Kahata explains the difficulties he faced while trying to return to Tanzania for the league resumptionFootball 2 days ago
- Man City's Foden breaks distancing rules to play at beachFootball 1 day ago
- David Luiz eyes Arsenal stay with 'very high chance' of contract extensionFootball 2 days ago
- Real Madrid 'eye Jadon Sancho transfer in 2021' Gossip & Rumours 11 hours ago
- Tottenham star Son opens up on military training experienceFootball 8 hours ago