Kenyan shooters flex it out in Nanyuki
Over the weekend, the Kenya shooting team led by NGAO vice chairman Sammy Onyango took the sport to the Mount Kenya region.
The event which entailed training saw a total of 40 shooters from the region participate and interact thus helping them share knowledge in the field of shooting.
“The purpose of this training is to help each other learn different skills and also motivate ourselves as we embrace this brilliant sport of shooting, “said NGAO vice chairman Sammy Onyango.
Early last month, the shooting team travelled to South Africa for the Southern Nationals tournament where they managed to come home with several gold medals.
Master shooter Robert Nyamongo broke the South-African steel plate record by shooting 4 steel plates, 15 meters from draw in a time of 2.1 seconds with four rounds only.
Expert shooter Sammy Onyango also won gold at the Southern Nationals Shooting competition.
Other winners who bagged medals were Peter Njoroge (silver) CCP division (Sharpshooter) and Mwangi Gikonyo who scooped bronze in CCP division (Marksman).
- USM Algier humble Gor Mahia in CAF Champions League matchFootball 2 days ago
- Serbia hand Kenya’s Malkia Strikers third W. Cup lossVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Africa deaf athletes’ championships startAthletics 2 days ago
- FKF Elections: Nyamweya, ex-Vihiga Governor Akaranga join frayFootball 11 hours ago
- Lionel Messi returns to full Barcelona trainingFootball 2 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 2 days ago
- From now on, here’s how to pronounce top footballers’ names – UEFAFootball 1 day ago