Stage ready for Rift Valley championships
There will be all to play for when Rift Valley Primary Schools Regional games begin today at Makutano Primary School, in West Pokot.
The games, which involves football, volleyball, netball and handball, has seen Trans Nzoia, Nandi, Bomet and Uasin Gishu grouped in pool A in boys’ football.
Pool B has Kericho, Samburu, Laikipia and Kajiado, while Pool C has Turkana, Narok and Baringo.
Pool D has Nakuru, Elgeyo Marakwet and hosts West Pokot.
In girls’ football, Turkana, Nakuru, Bomet and Baringo are in pool A while pool B has West Pokot, Narok, Laikipia and Kajiado.
Pool C has Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu and Elgeyo Marakwet, with pool D having Nandi, Kericho and Samburu.
Officials arrived yesterday for registration ahead of a workshop to update themselves with the tournament’s rules.
Rift Valley Primary Schools Sports Association Secretary General Mamai Etyang’ said only pupils born before September 2004, will be eligible to participate in the ball games.
In boys’ volleyball, Nandi, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet and Nakuru are in Pool A.
- Ex-Arsenal star Henry to coach Montreal ImpactFootball 2 days ago
- Arrest made in murder of dutch footballerFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League confirm changes to VARFootball 2 days ago
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier: Kenya claim famous draw in EgyptFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes set for Baringo 10km raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Road race: Stars gear up for Kass marathon on SundayAthletics 2 days ago
- Athletics: Choge eyes Valencia Marathon redemptionAthletics 2 days ago