Kiplagat to design running trails at Tatu City
Tatu City invited former world 21km record holder Lornah Kiplagat to design running trails and fitness activities across the city’s 5,000-acre land.
The partnership, which puts emphasis on health and wellness of residents, workers and visitors, was inaugurated yesterday with a fun run at the site.
Kiplagat, a naturalised Dutch woman, is celebrated for her impressive performances in track, cross country and road races while representing Kenyan and The Netherlands. She is also famous for her eponymous Lornah Sports brand and philanthropic work in Kenya.
Kiplagat’s High Altitude Training Centre in Iten, which is ,400 metres above sea level, is renowned for hosting elite athletes from around the world who camp especially in the run up to IAAF World Athletics Championships and the Olympic Games.
Speaking after the fun run, Kiplagat said she was humbled to have been considered for the noble course would will benefit Kenyans.
“Tatu City’s serene and green environment is ideal for athletes and health enthusiasts. The opportunity to plan the trails and fitness areas of an entire new city is thrilling and I am humbled to have been called upon to offer my expertise especially because Tatu City is open to all Kenyans,” Kiplagat said.
Tatu City currently has more than 6,000 homes under construction and advanced development. It is also home to two schools namely Nova Pioneer and Crawford International which educate more than 1,500 students daily and more than 50 businesses are also located at the development.
“Lornah will play a pivotal role in the design of health-centric connectivity between homes, offices, schools, health facilities and businesses, as well as in the broader recreational amenities at Tatu City,” said Chris Barron, Kenya Country Head for Rendeavour, Tatu City’s owner and developer. “We are honoured to partner with a living legend like Lornah, whose records endure to this day.
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 2 weeks ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 2 weeks ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 week ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar out of Copa America 2019 with ankle ligament injuryFootball 1 month ago
- What you didn’t know about the London Marathon, Kenya bloomingAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago