Real Madrid agree Sh11 Billion fee for Chelsea's Eden Hazard
Chelsea forward Eden Hazard is set to join Real Madrid after a deal worth 100 million euros ($112.65 million) (Sh11 billion) plus add-ons was agreed between the two clubs on Thursday, British and Spanish media reported.
There was no official word from Madrid or London.
Spain's AS sports daily, citing unnamed sources, said on its website that the Premier League side had accepted Real's offer for the 28-year-old.
It said Hazard, who is training with Belgium ahead of a weekend Euro 2020 qualifier against Kazakhstan, had been informed and the deal could be announced later.
Sky Sports television said Chelsea had wanted in the region of 130 million pounds ($165.20 million), a fee that could ultimately be reached through performance-related clauses.
Hazard, who was set to become a free agent in June 2020, guided Chelsea to the Europa League title in Baku last month with two goals in a 4-1 win over London rivals Arsenal.
"My dream was to play in the Premier League and I did it for seven years. I think it's a goodbye," he said after that game.
He joined Chelsea from Lille in 2012 for 32 million pounds and won the Europa League in his first season.
He later won the Premier League title in 2015 and 2017 as well as one League Cup and FA Cup.
He scored 16 goals and created another 15 in the Premier League last season as Chelsea finished third in the table.
- Aguero and Stones to miss Arsenal Vs Man City clash through injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Guardiola denies Man City break clausePremier League 2 days ago
- Okwiri thirsts for title defence Boxing 1 day ago
- NSL: Stakes high ahead of City Stars, Black Stars matchSports 1 day ago
- RUGBY: MMUST seek redemption as Strathmore eye top spotRugby 1 day ago
- Solskjaer backs resurgent Man Utd to battle for top fourPremier League 2 days ago
- SWIMMING : Bandari rule national championshipsSports 1 day ago