Neymar hotel video shows rape accuser assaulting him day after 'attack'

By Mirror: Thursday, June 6th 2019 at 14:30 GMT +3 | Football
Neymar [Courtesy]

A video has emerged showing the model who has accused Neymar of rape assaulting him in a Paris hotel room.

Najila Trindade, 26, lodged a formal complaint against the footballer with the Sao Paulo police last week.

She alleges the 27-year-old Paris Saint Germain star raped her after meeting her on Instagram.

She claims to have suffered bruising on her bottom as well as post-traumatic stress.

A day later Neymar released a video denying the allegations and revealed messages he had shared with the woman in a bid to prove his innocence.

But now a new video has gone viral on Whatsapp groups in Brazil which shows Ms Trindade hitting the player has he lies on the hotel bed.

Get the latest sports news updates. Subscribe to our SMS sports service by texting 'SPORTS' to 22840.

 

Neymar's accuser lashes out at him as he reacts by putting his foot up to her face in an attempt to ward her off.

Neymar can be heard saying, “No, no, no, don’t hit me, no.”

Ms Trindade replies: “No? You’re going to hit me, right? Aren’t you going to hit me?”

She then gets up from the bed and continues to strike the footballer with her hand, before appearing to throw an unidentified object at him.

She yells: “I’m going to hit you. You know why? You know why? Because you assaulted me yesterday. You left me here on my own.”

The one minute 5 seconds long video was secretly filmed on a mobile phone showing only part of the bed, during the second meeting of Neymar with Ms Trindade, it is claimed.

The Police’s Every Breath You Take can be heard playing the background.

Ms Trindade’s lawyer Danilo Andrade said that her client filmed the encounter to prove that Neymar had assaulted and raped her.

He said: “She she told me about the second meeting was that she needed proof of the aggression, that Neymar had hit her.

“So she enticed Neymar to the bedroom again and filmed that situation. I haven’t seen the whole video.”

But the model's former lawyer, Jose Edgard de Cunha Bueno Filho, claimed he advised her against the "bombshell measure" of releasing the video.

Ms Trindade is due to be questioned about the incident by police in Sao Paulo on Friday morning.

The footballer's father Neymar Santos Sr told Record TV: “I don’t think I have to defend my son at all.

"The images speak for themselves and it’s clear this is a video that is forced.

“The video is only going to show that Neymar was assaulted.

"She provokes aggression so that he responds, but he realises that everything that was happening was a set-up.”

He added: “When my son enters the room, everything is already been filmed.

"It would be good for the investigation and for us that the whole video emerges.

"That’s what the police are trying to do, find all the images that she has.”

Brazil superstar Neymar has denied any wrongdoing over the alleged rape last month.

Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza has claimed she did agree to have sex with the PSG footballer - but told him they couldn't because he didn't have a condom.

In an interview with Brazilian TV channel SBT, she branded the incident as 'aggression together with rape.'

"When I asked him if he brought a condom, he said no. So I told him that nothing would happen because we can't," Mendes de Souza said

"He replied nothing. And we continued, and he turned me over, committed the act, and I asked him to stop.

"And when he was committing the act, he was hitting my bum, violently, and afterwards I turned over, it was all very quick and left. This is what happened."

LATEST STORIES
POPULAR HEADLINES