Kylian Mbappe 'hands in PSG transfer request' in bid to force Real Madrid move
Kylian Mbappe has reportedly handed in a transfer request at Paris Saint-Germain as he eyes up a glamorous move to Real Madrid.
France World Cup winner Mbappe stunned the Parisian giants recently when he admitted his future may not be at the Parc des Princes.
Forward Mbappe has won Ligue 1 in each of his two seasons at PSG, having moved from Monaco, originally on loan, two summers ago.
But after a rumoured bust-up with manager Thomas Tuchel, a disappointing Champions League campaign along with the opportunity to work with Zinedine Zidane at Real, Mbappe is on the verge of leaving PSG.
And according to El Chiringuito, Mbappe is ready to push forward on a transfer after handing in a request to leave.
Mbappe could lead a brand new front line at Real next season, with Luka Jovic already recruited from Eintracht Frankfurt - and a big overhaul, which could see Gareth Bale replaced by Eden Hazard already pencilled in.
"It's a very important moment for me, I come to a turning point in my career," Mbappe said after being named as the Ligue 1 Player of the Year.
"I have discovered a lot here, and I feel it is perhaps the moment to have more responsibility.
"I hope that can maybe be at Paris Saint-Germain, that would be a great pleasure, or perhaps elsewhere with a new project."
Tuchel has previously admitted he couldn't stop his stars from leaving the club this summer.
"As a coach, I do want them to continue, but this is football, we are not naive," Tuchel said.
"Many clubs want to transfer many players and the market is crazy, but if you ask me, the coach, yes, I want them here next season.
"But if they are not, we will find solutions."
- Harambee Stars: Ready for mother of all battlesFootball 2 weeks ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 2 weeks ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 2 weeks ago