Bombshell for Tottenham as Christian Eriksen wants to try a new challenge
Christian Eriksen has admitted he wants to leave Tottenham.
Danish midfielder Eriksen, who has one year left on his contract, has also confessed he has his heart set on Real Madrid but the Spanish giants have yet to contact Tottenham.
It is a bombshell for Tottenham who now face a transfer saga this summer and the prospect of losing one of their top stars.
Eriksen told Ekstrabladet: "I have the wildest and deepest respect for everything that has happened in Tottenham, nor will it be negative. But I have also said that I would like to try something new.
"I hope there will be clarification during the summer. That's the plan. In football you do not know when a clarification comes. It can happen anytime. Everyone wants it best if it happens as soon as possible, but in football it takes time.
"It depends on Daniel Levy (Tottenham's chairman, ed.), And another club has to come. Or I have to sit down at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can't set a date yourself.
"There are not many points that Tottenham cannot meet. If I have to go, then hopefully it will be a step up.
"It's a step up. But it requires Real Madrid to call Tottenham and say they want Christian. And they have not done so yet, as far as I know.
"It is hard. It depends on the possibilities. If nothing pops up that is more exciting, why not stay in Tottenham? If I then sign a new contract, depends on the conditions."
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 2 weeks ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 2 weeks ago
- Shock as Messi faces two year banFootball 1 week ago
- Mercy Wanjiru stars at KDF showpieceAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Revealed: Reason why Paul Pogba was missing from Man Utd's first day back for pre-season trainingFootball 2 weeks ago
- Revealed: Why Chelsea delayed announcing Frank Lampard's return to Stamford BridgeFootball 2 weeks ago
- Drama as Mane scores, misses penalty as Senegal knock out UgandaFootball 2 weeks ago