WWE stars pay tribute as top wrestler dies in motorcycle crash
Atsushi Aoki has died after crashing his motorcycle.
The 41-year-old Japanese wrestler was in Tokyo when he lost control of his vehicle and ploughed into the wall of a tunnel.
Aoki worked for all Japan Pro Wrestling and was the reigning World Junior Heavyweight Champion at the time of his death.
He was also in training for a title defence against Hikaru Sato, which was due to take place this month on June 18 at Korakuen Hall.
Tributes from fans and other professional wrestlers have come flooding in since the tragic news emerged.
Joe Coffey tweeted: "Really Saddened to hear of the tragic passing of Atsushi Aoki,"
"I had the chance to wrestle him and be around him training and at shows. A top pro who from watching him and training with him made me get the most out of everything."
While NJPW Global added: "New Japan Pro Wrestling was deeply saddened today by the tragic passing of All Japan Pro Wrestling's Atsushi Aoki. Our deepest sympathies go to his friends, family and fans."
- PHOTOS: Pogba and Lingard in heated fight as Man United land in AustraliaFootball 1 week ago
- KPL: KCB appoints Zedekiah ‘Zico’ Otieno as head coachFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 3 weeks ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 2 weeks ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 2 weeks ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 2 weeks ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago