AFCON: Gonzalez among six arrivals as Harambee Stars camp in France swells
Harambee Stars camp in France has been boosted by the arrival of six foreign based players who jetted into Paris over the weekend.
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) has taken 27 players and 12 members of the technical bench as well as seven administrators to the Paris camp which runs for three weeks.
Abud Omar, Ismael Gonzalez, Christopher Mbamba, Anthony Akumu, Joseph Okumu and David Owino have joined the team together with the 11 local-based ones, who jetted out on Friday.
Sweden based Eric Johanna, Ovella Ochieng and Eric Ouma were yet to link up with the team while Victor Wanyama will check in today morning.
Bandari goalkeeper Farouk Shikalo and his Kariobangi Sharks counterpart John Oyemba were expected to link up with the team yesterday evening after representing their clubs in the SportPesa Shield final which the former won 3-1.
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa who joined the team on Tuesday morning said he was happy with the preparations so far.
“We brought a lean but effective team that continues to ensure that Kenyans are not only kept abreast with what is happening here in France but most importantly, also, that the players and members of the technical bench have all they need,” he said.
Stars have so far held six sessions as at Monday afternoon, among them a Monday morning muscle activation gym session.
The federation has lined up two friendly matches, against Madagascar on June 7, in Paris and against the Democratic Republic of Congo on June 15, in Madrid, Spain.
The team will then jet out to Cairo, Egypt, on June 19, 2019, in time for the continental showpiece.
Kenya will play her Group C matches at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. The first match will see Harambee Stars face Algeria on June 23. Tanzania will be up next on June 27, before Stars wind up their group stage matches against Senegal on July 1.
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 2 weeks ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 3 weeks ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 2 weeks ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 2 weeks ago