AFCON: Gonzalez among six arrivals as Harambee Stars camp in France swells
Harambee Stars camp in France has been boosted by the arrival of six foreign based players who jetted into Paris over the weekend.
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) has taken 27 players and 12 members of the technical bench as well as seven administrators to the Paris camp which runs for three weeks.
Abud Omar, Ismael Gonzalez, Christopher Mbamba, Anthony Akumu, Joseph Okumu and David Owino have joined the team together with the 11 local-based ones, who jetted out on Friday.
Sweden based Eric Johanna, Ovella Ochieng and Eric Ouma were yet to link up with the team while Victor Wanyama will check in today morning.
Bandari goalkeeper Farouk Shikalo and his Kariobangi Sharks counterpart John Oyemba were expected to link up with the team yesterday evening after representing their clubs in the SportPesa Shield final which the former won 3-1.
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa who joined the team on Tuesday morning said he was happy with the preparations so far.
“We brought a lean but effective team that continues to ensure that Kenyans are not only kept abreast with what is happening here in France but most importantly, also, that the players and members of the technical bench have all they need,” he said.
Stars have so far held six sessions as at Monday afternoon, among them a Monday morning muscle activation gym session.
The federation has lined up two friendly matches, against Madagascar on June 7, in Paris and against the Democratic Republic of Congo on June 15, in Madrid, Spain.
The team will then jet out to Cairo, Egypt, on June 19, 2019, in time for the continental showpiece.
Kenya will play her Group C matches at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo. The first match will see Harambee Stars face Algeria on June 23. Tanzania will be up next on June 27, before Stars wind up their group stage matches against Senegal on July 1.
- I lost the match because I did not receive any assistance from the government - Zarika Boxing 2 days ago
- Jose Mourinho linked with shock move to TottenhamFootball 2 days ago
- Harambee starlets 2-0 Ethiopia: Starlets get Cecafa campaign off to winning start Football 2 days ago
- Verstappen wins crazy race as both Ferraris crash outSports 2 days ago
- Yellow card turns to six-month ban for South AfricanFootball 2 days ago
- Volleyball: KCB seek to end long league title droughtVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 Qualifiers: Stars look to avenge 2012 defeat to Togo at Kasarani tonightFootball 2 days ago