The 'Drake Curse' is real -Anthony Joshua CONFIRMS!
"Drake Curse” has struck again and this time British title-holder Anthony Joshua was the latest sports star to suffer from the Drake curse, despite vowing to put an end to the curse.
This was after his bid to make a splash in his US debut ended in misery for the three belt heavyweight world champion with a stunning loss to underdog Andy Ruiz at Madison Square Garden on Saturday.
Joshua, previously undefeated and fighting for the first time in the United States, was defending his IBF, WBA and WBO titles but was knocked down four times in the fight before the referee waved off the contest in the seventh.
Despite warnings from boxing fans that he should not take a photo with the Canadian rapper, Joshua defiantly went ahead on March 21, and vowed to put an end to the curse by posting a picture of him and Drake in his gym on Instagram, accompanied by the caption, “Bout to break the curse #June1st.”
Following his defeat, it is clear now that Joshua was punished for his overconfidence and arrogance after victims of the Drake Curse were all struck down.
The victims included Ozil, Aguero, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Lukaku, Pogba, Kevin De Bruyne, Conor McGregor, the Toronto Raptors, Serena Williams, Kentucky basketball, Alabama football, and the list is endless…
Moments after the match, fans took to the internet, to blame Drake for causing Joshua’s loss;
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 2 days ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 1 day ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 1 day ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 1 day ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 1 day ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 1 day ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 1 day ago