The 'Drake Curse' is real -Anthony Joshua CONFIRMS!
"Drake Curse” has struck again and this time British title-holder Anthony Joshua was the latest sports star to suffer from the Drake curse, despite vowing to put an end to the curse.
This was after his bid to make a splash in his US debut ended in misery for the three belt heavyweight world champion with a stunning loss to underdog Andy Ruiz at Madison Square Garden on Saturday.
Joshua, previously undefeated and fighting for the first time in the United States, was defending his IBF, WBA and WBO titles but was knocked down four times in the fight before the referee waved off the contest in the seventh.
Despite warnings from boxing fans that he should not take a photo with the Canadian rapper, Joshua defiantly went ahead on March 21, and vowed to put an end to the curse by posting a picture of him and Drake in his gym on Instagram, accompanied by the caption, “Bout to break the curse #June1st.”
Following his defeat, it is clear now that Joshua was punished for his overconfidence and arrogance after victims of the Drake Curse were all struck down.
The victims included Ozil, Aguero, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Lukaku, Pogba, Kevin De Bruyne, Conor McGregor, the Toronto Raptors, Serena Williams, Kentucky basketball, Alabama football, and the list is endless…
Moments after the match, fans took to the internet, to blame Drake for causing Joshua’s loss;
- Harambee Stars hint match against Senegal is their last at AFCONFootball 2 weeks ago
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 3 weeks ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 2 weeks ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 week ago
- Lukaku’s mother star-struck at Old Trafford after meeting Lionel Messi [photos]Football 3 months ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar out of Copa America 2019 with ankle ligament injuryFootball 1 month ago