Huge entry for Ragos body building showpiece
Over 100 youthful musclemen will participate in the inaugural Mickey Ragos Classic Mr/Ms Kenya under 21 championships to be held in Nairobi.
Kenya Body Building Federation (KBBF) Chairman Chris Omedo confirmed yesterday that upcoming body builders from Kisumu, Mombasa, Kitale, Kakamega, Eldore and Nakuru will showcase their talent in the sport.
“Our intention is to give youth the opportunity to exhibit their muscles before they graduate to compete with senior body builders,” said Omedo in an interview.
The chairman said his federation has decided to focus on the growth of the sport and exposing youngsters is inevitable.
The contest will be at Mathare Youth Sports Hall along Kagundo road next Saturday. “This event is strictly for those under 21 years and the national identification card will be used to determine the age of the participants. The event is open to all athletes within the bracket of 21 years countrywide,” said the Chairman.
He said the event starts with registration at 7am before prejudging at 10am. Omedo said the main showdown starts at 2pm.
The competition has been named Ragos in honour of Mickey Ragos.
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 2 days ago
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 12 hours ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 12 hours ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 12 hours ago