Huge entry for Ragos body building showpiece
Over 100 youthful musclemen will participate in the inaugural Mickey Ragos Classic Mr/Ms Kenya under 21 championships to be held in Nairobi.
Kenya Body Building Federation (KBBF) Chairman Chris Omedo confirmed yesterday that upcoming body builders from Kisumu, Mombasa, Kitale, Kakamega, Eldore and Nakuru will showcase their talent in the sport.
“Our intention is to give youth the opportunity to exhibit their muscles before they graduate to compete with senior body builders,” said Omedo in an interview.
The chairman said his federation has decided to focus on the growth of the sport and exposing youngsters is inevitable.
The contest will be at Mathare Youth Sports Hall along Kagundo road next Saturday. “This event is strictly for those under 21 years and the national identification card will be used to determine the age of the participants. The event is open to all athletes within the bracket of 21 years countrywide,” said the Chairman.
He said the event starts with registration at 7am before prejudging at 10am. Omedo said the main showdown starts at 2pm.
The competition has been named Ragos in honour of Mickey Ragos.
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 3 weeks ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 2 weeks ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 week ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar out of Copa America 2019 with ankle ligament injuryFootball 1 month ago
- What you didn’t know about the London Marathon, Kenya bloomingAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago