Arsenal reveal Europa League trophy parade route if they beat Chelsea in final
Arsenal are preparing for their mouthwatering Europa League final against Premier League rivals Chelsea in Azerbaijan on Wednesday night.
And the Gunners know victory in that Baku showdown will be their biggest trophy since they won the Premier League title for the last time in 2003-04.
Given the importance of this fixture, and what a victory would mean for their fans, the club have already put in place their parade plans.
Should they overcome their London rivals, a victory parade has been pencilled in on the evening of Thursday, May 30.
The club confirmed that a parade around the streets of Islington will start and finish at Emirates Stadium, and will go past the club’s famous old Highbury Stadium.
They have predicted that the parade will begin at 7 pm (UK time) and return to the stadium 45 minutes later.
There will then be an appearance from the players, who are set to appear on the podium above The Armoury Megastore on Hornsey Road.
According to the Daily Mail, the north Londoners started to put plans in place for the parade way back in March.
Email correspondence between the club and Islington Council began the day before Arsenal played Rennes in the first leg of their last-16 tie, a game they lost 3-1.
An email dated March 6, and sent to the council, read: “Whilst there is still a long way to go and much to plan, in principle, could you support an event?”
A Gunners spokesperson told the Daily Mail: “We are all excited to be in the UEFA Europa League final and obviously have to make all the necessary preparations to celebrate with our fans should we lift the trophy.
“This includes contingency planning with Islington Council around possible road closures and safety arrangements.”
- Messi’s long wait for Argentina glory drags onFootball 2 weeks ago
- Dutch great Robben announces retirement from footballFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘New signing’ Victor Wanyama set to stay at Tottenham despite Ndombele ArrivalFootball 2 weeks ago
- BREAKING: PSG confirm Neymar has gone absent without leave after failing to show up for pre-seasonFootball 1 week ago
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 3 weeks ago
- Neymar's dad makes shock admission over PSG superstar's return to BarcelonaFootball 2 weeks ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 2 weeks ago