How Liverpool have forced Real Madrid to change Eden Hazard transfer plans
Liverpool have inadvertently forced Real Madrid to change their transfer plans regarding Eden Hazard, according to reports from France.
Belgium international Hazard is set to be the transfer of the summer should he finally leave Chelsea for Los Blancos in a £100million-plus switch.
And of course, if Real Madrid do get the transfer over the line then you can expect Hazard to be paraded in front of the Los Blancos fans at the Bernabeu.
The La Liga giants are known for showing off their glittering Galacticos and Hazard will be the club's biggest signing since Cristiano Ronaldo departed for Juventus.
But Real Madrid's plans to showcase their latest signing in all his glory have already hit a bit of a roadblock.
According to L'Equipe, Los Blancos were planning on announcing Hazard on June 2 - the day after this year's Champions League final.
The idea was that Real Madrid could upstage bitter rivals Barcelona, regardless of whether they won the Champions League or not, by unveiling the Belgian the day after the final.
The announcement of a huge signing would take the spotlight off their rivals and see them go centre stage.
But Barcelona were knocked out of the competition in the second leg of the semi-final against all the odds when Liverpool ran out 4-3 winners on aggregate over the Catalan club.
Real Madrid have now changed their plans as a result, but will likely have an alternatively flashy way of unveiling Hazard up their sleeve should he sign.
- Revealed: What Lampard demanded from Chelsea in contract talksFootball 1 month ago
- ‘We don’t fear the Lions’ declare Uganda ahead of clashFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- England Rugby League star donates brain to scienceRugby 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars Vs Senegal: We can do it – MigneFootball 1 month ago
- Furious Messi blasts Copa America officials after loss to BrazilFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago