Bandari rampage their way into the SportPesa Shield finals
Bandari made light work of SS Assad after they thrashed the lower tier side 6-1 to sail through to the finals of the 2019 SportPesa Shield at Kenyatta Stadium, Machakos, today.
The Dockers made their intentions to reclaim the title they last won in 2015 known from onset scoring four quick-fire goals in a span of 20 minutes.
Hassan Abdallah was the chief architect bagging a first-half brace to inspire Bernard Mwalala's men to next month's (June 1) final at Kasarani Stadium.
The domestic cup winners will earn a ticket to represent the country in next season's CAF Confederation Cup as well as pocket Sh 2M in prize money.
It took only three minutes for Yema Mwana to open the floodgates before Abdallah capitalized on goalkeeper Suleiman Mwasiri's error to double the lead with a wonder goal two minutes later.
Mwana was then denied by the post before the Congolese forward was replaced by Wycliffe Ochomo after suffering a suspected shoulder injury.
Darius Msagha put the game beyond Assad's reach when he comfortably powered home Moses Mudavadi's 16th minute pin-pointed delivery from the right flank.
Four minutes later, Abdallah grabbed his brace before Ochomo got his name on the score sheet after numerous misses.
Athuman Bori pulled a goal back for Assad on the stroke of halftime after pouncing on Mwalim Hindo's rebound from a free kick.
However, William Wadri put the final nail in Assad's casket a minute into the second half.
- Salah rejects £150million Liverpool exit - but will review situation next summerFootball 1 week ago
- Three broke Kenyan footballers find solace in rich woman’s bedroomGossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Chelsea star charged with drunk driving after ‘nasty crash’ in ManchesterFootball 2 months ago
- Why Liverpool will not be given real cup if they win Premier LeagueFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Solskjaer confident he's right man for United revival missionPremier League 2 months ago
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘I will go back to football’ – Arsene Wenger opens upFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader reveals why move was 'smartest of her career'Football 2 weeks ago