No title, no worries: How Liverpool will get more prize money than Man City even if they don’t win the title
Liverpool will get a bigger share of the Premier League prize money this season than title rivals Manchester City whether or not the kop based club wins the title on Sunday afternoon.
The Reds are set to earn the most because they have been more popular in terms of broadcasting than the Cityzens.
Liverpool’s matches have been broadcasted live 29 times by leading broadcast outlets like Sky Sports and BT sport, two more than any other club in the division. Manchester United come in second with 27 shown games, while Pep Guardiola’s men have only managed 26 games.
Premier League clubs are guaranteed a minimum of 12.5 million pounds for games shown on TV with an extra 1.2 million pounds per match for matches televised more than 10 times. This puts Liverpool in the driving seat with 3.4 million pounds more than Manchester City, just sufficient to beat the Manchester side in broadcast earnings.
According to reports in the UK, Liverpool can expect a sum in the region of 150 million pounds, even if they finish behind the league leaders. There will be just a narrow difference of 1.4 million Pounds between the rivals though.
Rules in England dictate that each Premier League side is supposed to have at least 10 televised matches per season. But some clubs like Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton have only managed eight matches.
Relegated clubs will also have something to take down with them. Fulham, Huddersfield and Cardiff will each earn 94 million pounds to 100 million pounds.
As the season comes to a close on Sunday, every position in the league will be subject to competition since there is a 2 million pound price placed on them.
- Luiz Suarez left in tears as Uruguay crash out of Copa America Football 2 weeks ago
- WWE superstar rushed to hospital with 'separated pelvis' after fightSports 2 weeks ago
- Body of star footballer who perished in lake accident foundFootball 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Algeria Vs Guinea betting tip and predictionsFootball 1 week ago
- 'You are a womanizing liar' – Alexis Sanchez slammed by gorgeous model [Photos]Football 3 months ago
- Zaha shows why Gunners want him as he sends Ivory Coast throughFootball 1 week ago
- Meet Kenyan referee who will officiate AFCONFootball 1 month ago