Wakhu wins KCB Road to Karen Masters at Nakuru Golf Club
Golf Park professional David Wakhu fired a round of level par 73 gross to win the third round of KCB Road to Karen Masters at the par 73 Nakuru Golf Club.
A gross total of five under par 141 after a 68 on Friday was all that he needed to win the event by a solitary shot.
"I struggled a bit with my tee shots on the last day, but all in all the essence was to play regulation. My putting wasn't that good when I started but I rediscovered my form on the same to chalk up back to back birdies on the 16th and 18th. I must admit that my short game won me the tournament. Going forward, I will keep working on my long game," said Wakhu, who made four birdies on holes five, nine, 16 and 18 against four bogeys on three, four and on 14 where he three-putted.
Eric Ooko of Royal Nairobi Golf Club settled for second position with rounds of 72 and 70 for a total of four under par 142 gross.
"The course was in very good condition save for a few patches here and three. I hit the par fours and fives really well and I am glad that my swing is closer to where I want it to be as Karen Masters draws closer. The KCB Road to Masters has helped us prepare adequately well in time for the Masters at Karen where we have played severally." said Ooko.
Dennis Saikwa and Mumias long hitter Dismas Indiza settled for joint third with three under par 143. The fifth and final round of the Road To Masters series heads to Royal Nairobi on June 15.
- Eliud Kipchoge on whether he can run normal marathon in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- Jackpot winner now works as a coal delivery manGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Rugby: Kabras Sugar maintain winning sweetness in Kenya CupRugby 2 days ago
- Storms blunt Strathmore’s Swords to reach semi-finalsBasketball 2 days ago
- Stars jet back and set sights on Hawks tieFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Chebet and Kiplimo rule in Baringo 10km race Athletics 2 days ago
- Hockey: Scorpions sting at City Park too painful for SlidersHockey 2 days ago