Eden Hazard 'considering transfer request' in bid to force Real Madrid move
Eden Hazard is reportedly considering handing in a transfer request at Chelsea in order to force a move to Real Madrid.
The Belgian looks set to depart Stamford Bridge for the Bernabeu this summer despite the Blues forcing their way into the top four and securing Champions League football next season.
Hazard has enjoyed another fruitful campaign in west London but wants to move to the Spanish capital to play under Zinedine Zidane.
Spanish outlet AS claim Chelsea have become 'rigid' in their negotiations, demanding a fee of over €100million before sanctioning the sale of Hazard.
And that has seemingly left the former Lille forward considering his options as he looks to push through the switch.
Chelsea are determined to earn as much money from the potential deal as possible with the club facing a transfer ban this summer if their appeal to FIFA is not successful.
If the Blues dig their heels in and keep Hazard, the likelihood is he will head to Real at the end of next season on a free transfer.
Zidane has been a long-term admirer of Hazard and made it a priority to take him to the Bernabeu after his return to Los Blancos.
Tottenham's Christian Eriksen has also been linked with a switch to Real.
- UON Dynamites square it out with FlamesBasketball 1 day ago
- Simbas eye revenge against ZimbabweRugby 2 days ago
- SA and Spain sides headline Safari SevensRugby 2 days ago
- Players' union wants matches postponed in extreme heatFootball 2 days ago
- Athletes set for Kabarak Half MarathonAthletics 2 days ago
- New 7s team coach Feeney promises to turn around Shujaa fortunes Rugby 1 day ago
- Barcelona starlet Fati granted Spanish citizenshipFootball 2 days ago