Salah and Firmino both OUT of Liverpool vs Barcelona second leg
Jurgen Klopp has confirmed both Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino will be unavailable for Liverpool's Champions League semi-final second leg against Barcelona.
Salah suffered a head injury in the Reds' win at Newcastle on Saturday and has not recovered in time to be available against the Catalan giants at Anfield.
The Egyptian will remain sidelined due to concussion protocol, but will be available for the Reds' Premier League finale against Cardiff on Sunday.
Firmino suffered an injury in training ahead of Liverpool's 5-0 win against Liverpool, but did play from the bench in the first leg in the Nou Camp.
He was again absent against Newcastle and will not feature against the Blaugrana.
Klopp said: "Both Mo and Roberto are not available.
"The approach is that we try to win the game. The situation is not what you want in a second leg. You can’t play Barca and saw ‘world watch this’.
"We try to win the game and if the result gets us through then we will try. There is just a little chance to make the season longer. I think we should celebrate the last two games."
On Salah, he added: "It is a concussion. That means he is not allowed to play.
"He feels OK but it isn’t good enough from a medical point of view."
- SportPesa lose Everton betFootball 1 day ago
- East Africans rue missed chance to continental dutyBasketball 12 hours ago
- Gor, AFC Leopards squeeze through in Betway CupFootball 2 days ago
- Sadio Mane back stage as Liverpool prepare for Atletico MadridFootball 22 hours ago
- What is happening to SportPesa?Football 2 days ago
- Boxing: Okwiri eyes gold Medal at Olympic qualifiers in DakarBoxing 1 day ago
- Fans react to Man United’s win over Chelsea amid VAR controversyPremier League 1 day ago