Lethal Ribery, Robben return as Bayern go five points clear
Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben made a return to action on Saturday as Bayern Munich heaped the pressure on Bundesliga title rivals Borussia Dortmund with a 3-1 win over Hanover.
The veteran wingers, both of whom are set to end their Bayern careers at the end of the season, returned from injury as Bayern made heavy weather of a crucial victory over the Bundesliga's bottom club.
Robben made his first appearance since November while Ribery scored what may be his last ever goal at the Allianz Arena to seal a 3-1 win and put Bayern five points clear of title rivals Borussia Dortmund with a game in hand.
Dortmund face a tough trip to Werder Bremen later on Saturday.
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 2 days ago
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 13 hours ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 13 hours ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 12 hours ago