Lethal Ribery, Robben return as Bayern go five points clear
Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben made a return to action on Saturday as Bayern Munich heaped the pressure on Bundesliga title rivals Borussia Dortmund with a 3-1 win over Hanover.
The veteran wingers, both of whom are set to end their Bayern careers at the end of the season, returned from injury as Bayern made heavy weather of a crucial victory over the Bundesliga's bottom club.
Robben made his first appearance since November while Ribery scored what may be his last ever goal at the Allianz Arena to seal a 3-1 win and put Bayern five points clear of title rivals Borussia Dortmund with a game in hand.
Dortmund face a tough trip to Werder Bremen later on Saturday.
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 3 weeks ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 2 weeks ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 week ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar out of Copa America 2019 with ankle ligament injuryFootball 1 month ago
- What you didn’t know about the London Marathon, Kenya bloomingAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago