Liverpool's Keita set to miss African Cup of Nations
Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita has been ruled out for two months with an abductor injury, meaning he will likely miss the African Cup of Nations in June.
Guinea international Keita picked up the injury in Liverpool’s 3-0 loss at Barcelona on Wednesday.
“It was really unlucky. Bad news. High-grade abductor injury. The tendon is ruptured,” said Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp.
“It will keep him out for at least two months. Bad news for us and for Guinea with the Africa Cup of Nations coming up. Not nice,” he said.
Liverpool travel to Newcastle United on Saturday as they trail Premier League leaders Manchester City by a point with two games remaining.
- Manchester United: Luke Shaw wins best player award (Photos)Football 1 month ago
- Rugby: More than 40 teams set for Great Rift 10-asideRugby 2 months ago
- Inside Messi's training: Barcelona star wears camera to offer fans incredible insight [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Photos: Hellen Obiri electrifies 2019 Doha Diamond LeagueAthletics 1 month ago
- Champions League final pitch invader explains why she did itFootball 3 weeks ago
- Football: Brain injury charity calls for temporary substitutionsFootball 1 month ago
- Copa America: Messi reveals how he feels about Argentina’s 2-0 defeat to Colombia Football 1 week ago