Liverpool's Keita set to miss African Cup of Nations
Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita has been ruled out for two months with an abductor injury, meaning he will likely miss the African Cup of Nations in June.
Guinea international Keita picked up the injury in Liverpool’s 3-0 loss at Barcelona on Wednesday.
“It was really unlucky. Bad news. High-grade abductor injury. The tendon is ruptured,” said Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp.
“It will keep him out for at least two months. Bad news for us and for Guinea with the Africa Cup of Nations coming up. Not nice,” he said.
Liverpool travel to Newcastle United on Saturday as they trail Premier League leaders Manchester City by a point with two games remaining.
- Man United manager Solskjaer speaks on new club signingsFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 1 month ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago