Cecafa to host first ever Under-15 regional tournament in Eritrea
Council for East and Central Africa Football Association will host it’s first ever Under-15 regional tournament in Eritrea.
The move is meant to develop the region’s capacity at this level according to Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa.
The FKF boss was speaking when the federation launched a partnership with Egyptian-based Wadidegla club to provide quality training for the national Under-15 team.
“We have decided as a region to pay more attention in promoting youth football and towards this end, we will host the first-ever Under-15 regional tournament in Eritrea in August,” he said.
Mwendwa said the country’s Under-15 side remains the biggest hope for Kenya to make an impact in the future.
“This is the future of our country because we are investing in them and allowing them to train in a world-class facility.
“They are staying together and doing everything as a unit. It can only get better.”
He also announced that the federation will launch technical partnerships to help beef up the coaching department.
“Every year we will bring in new children into the program to ensure we have continuity.”
Wadidegla Sports Director Hassan Arrousy said the partnership with FKF will lead to the development of youth football.
“This partnership portends an exciting bright new future for local football,” he said.
He also said that they are in talks with other federations for similar partnerships.
- Premier League to restart on June 17 Premier League 1 day ago
- Gilly Okumu keen on dribbling to increased stardomHockey 2 days ago
- Europe’s 20 most-valuable football clubs revealedFootball 1 day ago
- Magical Kenya Open gets new date in NovemberGolf 1 day ago
- Huge blow for Liverpool fans as club drops pursuit of ‘Europe’s best striker’Football 1 day ago
- Rovers skipper, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 1 day ago
- Why Sir Alex Ferguson declined chance to sign Thierry HenryFootball 2 days ago