Football: Senate speaker Lusaka fetes Leopards
Senate Speaker Kenneth Lusaka yesterday hosted AFC Leopards players and officials to a luncheon at his Karen home before the team left for western Kenya to face Nzoia Sugar.
The Speaker praised the team for its steady rise in the ongoing SportPesa Premier League after a disastrous start.
“I’ve now seen that efforts of the rescue management have been seen and we are now looking forward to win the return leg of the derby with traditional rivals Gor Mahia,” Lusaka said.
AFC Leopards host high flying champions Gor Mahia on May 19.
The team and officials and technical bench were accompanied by former players who included, Dan Shikanda, Mahmoud Abbas, Josphat ‘Controller’ Murilla among others.
Lusaka delighted the players when he named the entire AFC Leopards team of the 90s including reserve players.
“We want to make AFC Leopards great again and that is why I’m personally talking to a potential sponsor who will take care of the players’ allowances for the remaining matches,” he said.
Lusaka gave the playing unit Sh500,000 and the Technical Bench Sh100,000 and pledged to assist the team that is scheduled to Camp in Western Kenya ahead of their weekend matches.
- Football: Like fine wine, Wanga gets better with ageFootball 1 month ago
- Photos: Chemtai makes history, sets fastest marathon timeAthletics 1 month ago
- "Can't wait to marry you" says boyfriend of UCL final pitch invaderFootball 3 weeks ago
- Women World Cup: Nigeria captain relishes France showdownFootball 1 week ago
- Kylian Mbappe on the move? Premier League clubs on red alertGossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- Video: Messi caught shoving Liverpool star in the face during Champions League knockout matchFootball 1 month ago
- Brilliant Messi seals another La Liga title for BarcelonaFootball 1 month ago