Football: Senate speaker Lusaka fetes Leopards
Senate Speaker Kenneth Lusaka yesterday hosted AFC Leopards players and officials to a luncheon at his Karen home before the team left for western Kenya to face Nzoia Sugar.
The Speaker praised the team for its steady rise in the ongoing SportPesa Premier League after a disastrous start.
“I’ve now seen that efforts of the rescue management have been seen and we are now looking forward to win the return leg of the derby with traditional rivals Gor Mahia,” Lusaka said.
AFC Leopards host high flying champions Gor Mahia on May 19.
The team and officials and technical bench were accompanied by former players who included, Dan Shikanda, Mahmoud Abbas, Josphat ‘Controller’ Murilla among others.
Lusaka delighted the players when he named the entire AFC Leopards team of the 90s including reserve players.
“We want to make AFC Leopards great again and that is why I’m personally talking to a potential sponsor who will take care of the players’ allowances for the remaining matches,” he said.
Lusaka gave the playing unit Sh500,000 and the Technical Bench Sh100,000 and pledged to assist the team that is scheduled to Camp in Western Kenya ahead of their weekend matches.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago