Footballer collapses and dies on pitch – one day after speaking to media about his condition
Football faithful on Thursday, April 25, were shocked after a footballer collapsed during a football match a died.
28-year-old Faty Papy, who played foe eSwatini-based club Malanti Chiefs collapsed after only 15 minutes during a match against Green Mamba at the Killarney Stadium in Piggs Peak, Mbabane.
According to reports, the ex-Bidvest Wits man was declared dead in hospital.
The Burundi international had always been carrying a heart condition, which became even more evident in December 2015 after he collapsed during a friendly match in Johannesburg, South Africa.
What’s more shocking is Papy has done an interview with local media before the match and spoke about his condition, a story which was titled ‘The Doctor Said I Could Die’ on a local daily.
Good day my fellow soccer lovers,i’m here reading the Papy Faty interview and seriously it has got me worried,he is putting his life in unnecessary risk,yes he loves the sport but health comes first guys. pic.twitter.com/oXWXjj3mdU— izalaNkosi????????????????????? (@isothamlilo) April 24, 2019
- Mixed reactions after Asbel Kiprop’s latest meltdownAthletics 1 month ago
- Enfeebled Gor Mahia eye RS Berkane upsetFootball 2 months ago
- Man Utd sack reserve team manager in ruthless summer shake-upFootball 3 weeks ago
- Gonzalez out to prove his worth in Kenya squadFootball 1 week ago
- ‘Iron-man’ is last man standing at third inter-county challenge at Thika Greens.Golf 1 month ago
- Three things at stake in Wednesday’s massive Manchester DerbyPremier League 1 month ago
- How Liverpool have forced Real Madrid to change Hazard transfer plansFootball 1 month ago