Footballer collapses and dies on pitch – one day after speaking to media about his condition
Football faithful on Thursday, April 25, were shocked after a footballer collapsed during a football match a died.
28-year-old Faty Papy, who played foe eSwatini-based club Malanti Chiefs collapsed after only 15 minutes during a match against Green Mamba at the Killarney Stadium in Piggs Peak, Mbabane.
According to reports, the ex-Bidvest Wits man was declared dead in hospital.
The Burundi international had always been carrying a heart condition, which became even more evident in December 2015 after he collapsed during a friendly match in Johannesburg, South Africa.
What’s more shocking is Papy has done an interview with local media before the match and spoke about his condition, a story which was titled ‘The Doctor Said I Could Die’ on a local daily.
Good day my fellow soccer lovers,i’m here reading the Papy Faty interview and seriously it has got me worried,he is putting his life in unnecessary risk,yes he loves the sport but health comes first guys. pic.twitter.com/oXWXjj3mdU— izalaNkosi????????????????????? (@isothamlilo) April 24, 2019
- Inter Milan: PSG sign Icardi on permanent deal Football 1 day ago
- Kipchoge, Bekele to face off in virtual relay marathonAthletics 2 days ago
- Musa Masika ready to step out of elder brother Ayub Timbe’s shadowFootball 15 hours ago
- Havertz fires Leverkusen third with Freiburg winnerFootball 2 days ago
- Top Man United target leaves fans guessing about next club with cyptic tweetFootball 9 hours ago
- The five Frenchmen of Bayern MunichFootball 1 day ago
- La Liga Clubs To Resume Full Training Next WeekFootball 23 hours ago