Nakuru lights up as top fry 10 a side rugby kicks off with ladies and age categories
All the roads led to Nakuru Athletics Club on Friday as the 29th Edition of the Great Rift 10 Aside tournament kicked off in style.
The Ladies and Age grade rugby provided great entertainment ahead of the men’s action on Saturday and Sunday.
This year’s tournament attracted many teams but due to the time allowed per match, some sides were
The ladies’ division one had 16 teams while division two comprised of five pools with four teams each.
Pool A: Impala, Mwamba, Nothern Suburbs
Pool B: Nakuru, Shamas, Homeboyz
Pool A: Comras, Egerton, Sure 24, Hidden Talent
Pool B: KU, Kisumu, Top Fry, Muranga
The age category included boys aged under 12, under 14, under 16 and under 18.
In division two, Nakuru top fry II emerged the champions after beating comras rugby 5-0 while Egerton emerged third after beating KU.
In division 1, Impala got the better of Stanbic Mwamba by 24 to 5 while Menengai cream Homeboyz settled for third.
The event continues on Saturday when men hit the ground running in the morning.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago