Wabacha inks 7-under- to claim MoseSammi Invitational trophy in Nyeri
Wabacha Wanjohi carded 7-under 65 to win the inaugural MoseSammi Invitational golf tournament played at the par 72 Nyeri Golf Club on Monday.
Wabacha, playing off handicap 15 shot 35 nett on the outward nine and went on to post a better inward nine from where he carded a cool 30 nett to finish at 7-under-65 for him to prevail.
During the tournament presented by Swiss International Resort Mt Kenya, The Standard Group, Chieni Supermarkets, Sasha Hygiene Services and Friends of Mose Sammy.
The tournament saw 44 caddy golfers battle it out in a no-pin tournament played under medal scoring format.
Hosts Nyeri club team was made-up of 33 golfers, Nanyuki Sports Club was represented by seven caddies while Nyahururu Sports Club sent in four golfers to the event.
On the front nine, Wabacha inked a bogey on the par-four first, double-bogeyed the par-three second, and the par-five third, pared the par-four fourth.
He the pared the par-four fifth before descending “Kerio Valley” a par-five sixth where he lost his golf ball into the woods but still managed a par.
Wabacha then sunk a par on the par-four seventh double-bogeying the par-four eight before closing his front nine with a par on the par on the par-three ninth for 43 Gross.
After the break, he carded back-to-back pars on the par-four 10th, par-three 11th, birdied the par-five 12th, then pared the par-four 13th, par-four 14th and birdied the par-five 15th.
He then pared the par-four 16th and bogeyed the par-four-17th from and closed his round of 18 with a bogey on the par-three 18th for 37 Gross.
Coming in second at 6-under 66 was James Murithi playing off handicap 5 as Peter Ndegwa also playing off handicap 5 settling for third place at 4-under 68.
Donning the Ladies gong was Ruth Wanja, playing off handicap 20 on level-par 72 with Bancy Wanjiru playing off handicap 33 taking Lady winner second prize with 2-over 74.
Nanyuki Sports Club handicap 6, Moses Rubiro emerged Guest winner at 4-under 68, Titu Bundi was Guest winner second with
Handicap 5 Peter Gichohi won the lowest Gross prize with 77 Gross. Junior winner prize went to youngster Henry Kungu who carded an impressive score of 69 nett.
While in the Nines, Peter Nderi took the First nine prize with 36 nett as David Kuria bagged the Second nine prize with 33 nett.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago