Shock as female weightlifter breaks arm in two places as she attempts lift [Photos]
This is the shocking moment that a female weightlifter breaks her arm in two places after attempting an overhead lift.
Gaele Nayo-Ketchanke was attempting a 110kg snatch at the European Weightlifting Championships in Georgia when her arm gave way.
It was her third attempt at the lift, having already tried twice and failed.
In the video, Nayo-Ketchanke can be seen getting herself in position for the lift, before hoisting the bar above her head.
The first part of the motion goes well, but as she goes to squat, her arm snaps in two places and all 110kg comes flying back to the ground.
Nayo-Ketchanke's elbow twisted and snapped as she turned around and crumbled to the floor, screaming in pain.
It appears that she tried to drop the weight safely, but the grip from her gloves pulled her joints out of shape and resulted in the horrible injury.
The TV picture quickly switches from the athlete as they realise she is seriously injured.
The camera flicks over to pictures of her team as they look on after the shocking incident.
Reports suggest that she has broken her arm in two places, as well as dislocating her elbow.
The injury comes at the worst time for the athlete, who was hoping to compete in next year's Olympics.
- Greedy Kenyan coach accused of swallowing players’ salariesGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Pep Guardiola gives huge update about Griezmann joining Manchester CityFootball 4 days ago
- Fourth year student dies celebrating Champions League semi-final goalFootball 1 week ago
- Manchester United legend arrested after ‘domestic incident’Football 1 month ago
- AK moves to arrest age cheating and cover injuries ahead of U20 eventAthletics 1 month ago
- Man Utd flop Alexis Sanchez FINALLY makes decision on his future, sends powerful message to fansFootball 2 days ago
- Calling Messi God is blasphemy – Pope Francis Football 1 month ago