National Super League: Oduor buzzing as Kisumu All-Stars go top of tab
Frank Oduor is confident Kisumu All-Stars will beat their rivals to a top-four finish in the National Super League after seeing his side go top of the table over the weekend.
The Blue Eagles 2-0 win over Migori Youth saw them go top on goal difference following a damaging draw for Nairobi Stima and losses to both Ushuru and Wazito.
Speaking to Standard Sports, Oduor said they are in a good position of finishing in the top four by winning all their home games and a few of their away duels.
“The league is tough now because the gap separating every team in the top four is just a point. We can’t afford to slip now because you can move from one to four. Despite this, I know we can make it to the premier league if we win all our home matches and not lose away,” Oduor said.
All-Stars lead the table with 53 points same as Stima, who have an inferior goal difference. Ushuru are third with 52 points same as Wazito FC.
Ushuru lost away at Shabana 2-1 to slip to third with Wazito dropping to fourth after losing to Eldoret Youth with similar scoreline.
However, Oduor has urged his players to be catious for theiris still more games to play and anything can happen.
“We have 12 matches to play before the season ends, therefore, the players should not celebrate being top. We need to continue with the hard work and keep up with the momentum,” he added.
The lakeside team is currently unbeaten at their home ground in Kisumu and have won 15 matches out of the 26 played.
- Cristiano Ronaldo still a wanted manFootball 1 week ago
- Western Stima edge out WazitoFootball 2 months ago
- Boxing: Why Jarrell Miller will avoid ban for his failed drugs testsBoxing 1 month ago
- Salah calls for change in treatment of women in Muslim worldSports 2 months ago
- 5 games that won Man City the Premier leagueFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea thrash Arsenal 4-1 to win Europa LeagueFootball 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United identify Pogba replacement Football 3 days ago