Man United squad fly out to Barcelona for crunch Champions League clash
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been able to recall two players to his Manchester United squad for the second leg with Barcelona.
United trail the La Liga leaders 1-0 in their Champions League quarter-final ahead of the second leg at the Nou Camp on Tuesday night.
Solskjaer has been boosted by the return to fitness of Nemanja Matic and Alexis Sanchez.
Matic has been out injured since the win over Watford last month but is expected to come straight back into the starting line-up against Barca.
Sanchez picked up a knee problem in the win over Southampton on March 2 and there were initial concerns he would not play again this season.
Those fears have since been allayed and Sanchez has made a rapid recovery and is likely to take his place on the bench at the Nou Camp.
Matteo Darmian is also fit again and after being on the bench against West Ham and is in contention to start with Luke Shaw suspended.
United have included the left-back in their squad despite him picking up a booking against Barca last week.
Solskjaer returns to the Nou Camp having scored the winning goal in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich in 1999.
"I don't believe in fate but I do believe that you get what you deserve. Sometimes things are meant to be if you really go it," he told ESPNFC.
"I'm not the type to think: 'This makes me proud.' I will feel the butterflies, I will be excited. I cannot wait to get going because it's the biggest stage. It's against the best club of the last 10 or 15 years."
Man Utd squad
De Gea, Romero, Grant, Dalot, Darmian, Young, Jones, Lindelof, Rojo, Smalling, Shaw, Fred, Matic, McTominay, Pereira, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford.
- Man City reach FA Cup final, stay on course for four trophiesFootball 1 week ago
- Football-mad French parents barred from naming baby 'Griezmann Mbappe'Sports 1 month ago
- West Ham 4-3 Huddersfield: Former Man United star Chicharito seals stunning London Stadium comebackFootball 1 month ago
- PSG consider legal action against ex-Man United man EvraFootball 1 month ago
- Inside Floyd Mayweather's private jetBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Marouane Fellaini announces retirementFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Migne eager to know Harambee Stars’ opponentsFootball 1 week ago